December 14, 2009

jackie and me

i recall, that...

i once had a dog named jackie, of mixed breed and was as fragile as me. not literally. he was fierce when it comes to protecting me and the members of my family, guarded the house well enough, and was adorable to bits. i had him during kindergarten and was by his side when he breathed his last when i was seventeen. seeing him go wrecked my heart. but he was healthy all the while and lived well till the end. it was a peaceful death, so i reckon it was for the best.

my dad used to say to me everytime when a pet dog dies, (i had a lot over the years) that it was not necessary to shed tears and be depressed over a member of the family (dogs, too, or pets, we do consider as member of the family as well) if during its/his/her lifetime we have been treating right. therefore, telling me to always be kind to everyone and everything, and think twice before doing any thing at all. it breaks my heart all the more and i cried even more and sobbed and mumble under my breath, till exhaustion from the sadness caught up with me and i fell into deep slumber. it was life that was taken away, not just anything.

today,

i would still cry like nobody's business when things like this happens. or whatever that makes me sad. call me a crybaby i wouldnt care. but after the cryings, and recollection of memories, and blamings (yes, just to feel better. god gets the blame too, in the process. sorry*) and a hell load of tissue paper and running tap water (uh-huh~ wastage, i know! just once in a very looooong while you people), i figured i feel so much better remembering what my father had taught me.





that, is priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for sending me love/hate note ;)