March 12, 2012

pushing my luck


you cannot, and im serious, you cannot be ashamed of who you are, no matter how much shit you get for it - my father used to tell me. God gave you all that you have, all that you are for you to be yourself. and you should be proud, because you are beautiful just the way you are, nothing more and nothing less. because i used to glance at any mirror or mirror-like things and then fix my hair or check my clothes and tidy my appearance - lets just say i took a long time just to be ready for an outing, i bet a lot of us girls would be too. but he always tells me, my girl looks pretty already, it is not so proper to look into the mirror too much. i did, ignore him most of the time, but his comments and advice remains in my heart at all times. especially when he tells me to sleep earlier, pointing out on surfacing acne i had at times. yes, he cares for our skin and well being all the time, he is that involved in my life. i always have my own words and reasons to retort most of his comments in things that i do and do not. well, those were the days when there were too much words and now i had none.

i probably need to relax more. people say, there is no competition, really. only with yourself, to better and to improve. 

that's all.

i should probably agree with him about this. perhaps, to go without artificial things in life for as long as i can. starting with less vanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for sending me love/hate note ;)